Wildlife Tours 2013: 10th Anniversary Year
Relaxed tailor-made wildlife and culture holidays for small groups of 4 – 8 people
Hard to believe that we’ve been blending Orkney’s unique mix of wildlife and archaeology for ten seasons now: 2013 is our tenth anniversary season! Please look at our testimonials to the right of the page – we offer relaxed, tailor-made wildlife and activity holidays for small groups of people (minimum 4, maximum 8 guests). Prices are all-inclusive of accommodation, transport within Orkney, meals and guiding, and may be found on the ‘Wildlife Tours Availability‘ tab . Please note also the special 10th Anniversary Offer (14% discount) from just £995 per person!
What makes a holiday in Orkney with Orcadian Wildlife different?
We like to pride ourselves on no two days ever being the same. Orkney’s shifting skies and seas help, as does the weather – frequently all four seasons in one day. So it’s best to bring your waterproof jacket and trousers, and your boots. Wildlife doesn’t stop for the weather and neither do we (unless with your agreement!).
Wildlife, walking, photography and of course Orkney’s superb 5,000 year old Neolithic (new stone age) sites always feature in our itineraries.
- We keep groups small (max 8 guests only) on purpose in order to enable you to see more – you will see lots of memorable sights with us, whatever the time of year. We specialise in a blend of wildlife and culture.
- We listen to you carefully about exactly what you’d like to see and where you would like to go – there are no sites on set days. Visiting islands is included and great fun – it’s one reason why we’re here!
- We actually live here (unlike most tour groups who visit) and so we know more about daily life in Orkney.
- Our holidays are all-inclusive, so that all you have to do is get here, and we do all the rest.
- We’re proud of our approach to the environment: a very small group; an organic lifestyle; Green Tourism Business Scheme gold award for our self-catering; and a generator of renewable energy to help offset your carbon footprint.
- We encourage repeat visits (Orkney gets a grip of you…) and returning guests benefit from large discounts.
- Last – but most important – we really look after you! See the many testimonials on our website from our guests who have appreciated our relaxed style over the last 10 years.
Orkney is one of the best places in Britain to get close to and enjoy seabirds, birds of prey and whales & dolphins (cetaceans).
There is always something special to see at any time of the year, from sky dancing hen harriers, to hunting orcas, and migrant birds.
Download the Visit Scotland 2013 Orkney Tourist Brochure
Download the 2013 Orcadian Wildlife Tours Leaflet
Please visit the Orcadian Wildlife Facebook page for up-to-the-minute sightings and other current Orkney daily blog-type content: http://facebook.com/orcadianwildlife
Self Catering Holiday
If self-catering is more your style we’re delighted to announce that that our Peedie House self-catering was given a GOLD Green Tourism Business Scheme award, a reward for all our hard work! In addition, the Peedie House was shortlisted for the Green Tourism Business Scheme Goldstar Awards 2012. The shortlist is compiled from the highest scoring Gold graded businesses from 2011 representing the greenest 2% of the total 2,400 GTBS membership. See our Self Catering Holidays pages for more information.
Please note! A last minute slot has recently become available in our otherwise fully-booked season, week commencing Saturday 29 June 2013. Please book or enquire through the ‘self-catering’ section.
For a flavour of what Orkney has to offer the holidaymaker have a look at our Orkney Photo Album